Friday, October 12, 2012

Birthday Gift

Good Morning! 
 I wanted to share with you the gift that I made for my friend's birthday yesterday.  She is such a great friend!!  We meet when my daughter and her son went to preschool together.  
I can't believe they are now in 4th grade!  

So while I was unpacking some of my scrapbooking supplies the other night I had an idea pop in my head.  I found some old CD's  and some cool paper that I forgot about having.    I used my Creative Memories Custom Cutting System to cut circles out of my pattern paper to glue to the CD's.  Then I cut out Family form the Country Life Cartridge and the flowers from CTMH Art Philosophy Cartridge to go on the front.  After I had put my cricut things away I decide I need some leaves for the flowers.   So I decide to see what it would look like to use my CM Paisley Punch to make leaves. Then I just cut out some little photo mats and embossed them for the inside and tag. These little albums are so fun to make and you are recycling too!! 




Then to go along with the album I found this big clothes pin at Michael's on Monday and didn't really like the print on it.  So I thought well I can cover this to match the album and make it nice.  I used the scraps from the front of the album to cover it.  Then I cut out 2 flowers from the CTMH Art Philosophy Cartridge and some more Paisley for leaves and some ribbon!   
I will be posting the card I made to go with her gift on Monday and teaching how I made it for my Guest Design Team project for Crafter's Companion.  I hope that you stop back by to see it!!
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest project!

1 comment:

  1. I loved my special gifts Angela! I appreciate them and appreciate your friendship. Thank you for helping make my birthday special. Lori

    ReplyDelete