Saturday, June 16, 2012

HIMCR #50 Technique: Heat Embossing

I had so much fun this week making my card!  I got to go over and craft with my DT sister AJ and Amy from Scrap This, Save That.  I made a few other cards this week and I'm starting my kids teacher's end of the year gifts now.  They both want scrapbooks for their teachers. I have one book almost done and one to go.  My plans for today are to stay home and scrap all day!! 

This week challenge is Techique: Embossing Powder!!  I had so much fun with this card.  I hadn't used embossing powder in forever!!  It works so much better with my new heat gun.


I used my new CTMH stamp set Life is Tweet!
I embossed the bird on a seperae piece of paper and cut it out and attached it with a piece of foam tape.  The edge and how tweet of you are embossed right on the card.  I stamp the tree branch on the card in chocolate in and chalk the edges and some of the front of the card in chocolate also. 
I'm not sure what the name of my embossing powder is but do remember getting it from Joann's last summer in a big package.

Now it's time to check out my DT sister's creations!
Snowflakedreams

Challenges:
Jaihart: Sundays Are Lovely
Now enter the challenge at HIMCR!!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable. Just love it Angela. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so much fun Angela!! Love the bird!! Cheers Jennie
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Stamping and embossing is such a great techniqe for adding blitz and style to any card!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your card is perfect. I do love the kraft and the blue is perfect. Great Job Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Jaihart. Like the paper piecing & use of Kraft cardstock.

    If you are not familiar with Speedy Fox TV site please ck it out. There are several challenges. I'll be joining the Speedy Fox TV team hosting a challenge on Wednesdays starting 7/4 named Simply Salutations. Membership to Speedy Fox TV is free. They are having a membership contest so if you do join please leave a comment that I sent you there. Thanks.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your b'day present works well. Card is great!

    ReplyDelete